A Taste of Lord of the Rings in Alexandria

There are no Hobbits at Bilbo Baggins in Old Town Alexandria but the food and drink grabbed my attention. I ordered the Carolina Pulled Pork sandwich with the house salad rather than the fries. The barbecue sauce looked and tasted more tomato based than vinegar but good none-the-less and topped with some great coleslaw. The house salad surprised me and I loved it.

The beer menu was extensive but I was disappointed there was no Flying Dog, which is a new local favorite of mine. I did get the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and so did Boricua.

My favorite must have been the bread they brought out. It had a lot of fall spices that gave it a nice kick. I wish I could have eaten more of the bread but it was heavier than my right tit.


Bilbo Baggins is a great place to eat and I would suggest exploring their specials, which is what I plan to do next time I'm there. Just leave yourself enough time if you are there for lunch. The servers were wonderful... but slow.

Alia Said... "Heavy Man!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment